The Replacements Of P60

You will only be given a P60 if you were working for an employer on the last day of the tax year (April 5th). If you stopped working for an employer before the last day of the tax year, you should be given a P45 instead.

A P60 is a statement given to you by your employer which shows the amount of tax that you have paid during the tax year and the amount of income that you have earned. They may be other information on your P60 include your unique PAYE tax reference number, your tax code and your name and other personal details.

There are a number of reasons why you may need a P60, they include:

  • Claiming a tax rebate
  • Child support
  • Student loan
  • Proof of earnings
  • Tax credits

How to obtain a Replacement for a Lost P60

Often people loose or are not given a P60 and need to get a replacement. It is not actually possible to obtain an actual replacement of a P60, it is possible to obtain a document that can be used as a replacement though, this document is a statement of earnings.

To obtain a statement of earnings you need to write to the payroll department of the company that you would like the replacement P60 from. We can send you a template letter which you can customise, simply send us an Email using this: template.

The company is legally required, under the data protection act, to provide a statement of earnings for any time in the last 6 years. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.

Leave a Reply