Each year thousands of people leave the UK after having worked and paid tax and National Insurance (NI) contributions. This article will help you to learn if you can claim any of your NI back.
- How much is National Insurance Tax?
- Can I claim an National Insurance refund if I am leaving the UK?
- What are the requirements to claim a NI rebate?
- Can I come back to live/work in the UK if I claim a National Insurance Refund?
- How much will my NI refund be?
Can I claim a National Insurance refund if I am leaving the UK?
No, but you can claim a PAYE tax refund. If you are planning on leaving the UK you can apply here:
What are the requirements to claim a PAYE rebate?
You need to have worked and paid national tax in the UK. You can make a claim now even if you are not planning on leaving for sometime.
Can I come back to live/work in the UK if I claim a tax refund?
Claiming a tax refund does not affect your eligibility to live and work in the UK. To learn more about claiming your tax back from the Inland Revenue you can watch the video below:
How much will my tax refund be?
This will depend on your age and your income. You can use our calculator here to get an estimate.