How to Claim a Tax Rebate (UK)

How to  claim a tax rebate

Each year millions of pounds go unclaimed in overpaid taxes. Often people are unaware of how to claim a tax rebate. Here, our tax agent will answer some common questions on this subject. If you don’t find an answer to your question, please send us an E-mail:

How do I know if I am eligible for a Tax Rebate?
There are a number of reasons why you might be eligible to apply for a tax rebate. These include:

At the end of the tax year you should be given a P60. The easiest way to calculate if you are due a tax rebate is to input the income and tax figures from your P60 into our tax rebate calculator.

How do I claim a tax rebate?
You can make a claim yourself or you can use a tax refund agent who will charge a commission after your refund has been obtained. If you are making your tax refund claim yourself, you will need:

Once you have all the above tax documents you will need to send them to your local tax office. A tax refund agent will obtain all the information required on your behalf and submit your claim to the Inland Revenue.

How far back can I reclaim a tax rebate?
The farthest back you can make a claim for is 6 years. If you were a student, worked part time, or left the UK anytime in the last 6 years, why not check to see if you are due a tax rebate?

Can I claim a National Insurance rebate?
If you are living in the UK you can claim a National insurance rebate

Need help with a
Tax Rebate?

apply for a tax rebate

Disclaimer: The above information can not be taken as advice and is for illustration purposes only. Please call Tax Fix before making any claims or confirmation. Tax Fix can not accept any liability for action taken and any losses incurred.

1 comment

  1. Anonymous says:

    On my p60 it has a letter in the rebate box how is this paid back to me and do i have to apply for it to be repayed to me ?

Leave a Reply