Help Filing a Tax Return

Most people do not need to complete a tax return if they have simple tax affairs and pay tax through their employer (PAYE). If however, you have a more complex tax situation you may need to file a tax return with the Inland Revenue.

Who Needs to do a Tax Return?

There are a number of reasons why you may need to do a tax return including:

  • Being self employed
  • A company director
  • A minister
  • Having an income over certain limits
  • Having income from property of £2500 or more (after deducting expenses)
  • Having income from property of £10,000 or more (before deducting expenses)

Help Filling a Tax Return

There are a number of ways you can complete your tax return including:

1. Yourself
2. With the help of a professional
3.  Using the Inland Revenue for help
4. A combination of 1 and 3

If you need help filing your tax return you can either use a professional accountant who will be registered with the Inland Revenue and can file your tax return online which means that the deadline will 3 months later. Filing a tax return online can be done yourself as well but you need to register to do this.

If you are completing your tax return yourself you can obtain help from your local tax office. This can be done by finding your local tax office’s phone number and booking an appointment. You can then go in and see one of the agents who will be more then happy to help with any queries that you have.

1 comment

  1. Joanne gaymon says:

    I never change my name on social security card many years because I didn’t have a job I thought it didn’t matter it was my husband who was the head of the house and he carried us but one year they didn’t allow him to carrie me so now. That I’m now current, how can we receive. Money owned to use. What’s can we do to received money owned

Leave a Reply