Applying For Tax Rebates

Applying for a tax  rebate

Applying for an income tax rebate from the Inland Revenue can be bureaucratic and a time consuming process. This article will help you with some options for claiming your tax refund:

Who can apply for a tax rebate?
There are a number of reasons why you might be able to apply for an income tax rebate.

The most common reasons for overpaying tax and hence being due a tax rebate is:

How do I calculate my tax refund?
In order to calculate your tax refund, you need to know how much you have earned and how much you have paid in tax during the tax year.

You can get this information on your P60, which will be given to your by your employer at the end of the tax year in April or May.

If you are not given a P60, you can ask your employer for a statement of earnings, which they are required by law to give to you.

Applying for a tax rebate online
Applying for a tax rebates online is the quickest and easiest way to claim your tax rebate.

All you need to do is complete the tax rebate forms and send us your P60/P45 and we will do the rest, sending your rebate to your bank account.

Alternatively you can apply for your tax rebate yourself. If you are applying yourself, you will need:

  • Any P45/P60’s
  • A P91 – Employment History form
  • P85/P86 – Leaving/Entering the UK forms
  • Covering Letter

When should I apply for my tax rebate?
If you do not claim your tax rebate it could expire. You can apply for any previous years now, but you will need to wait until the end of this tax year to claim for the current year unless you are leaving the UK.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our tax rebate team.

Apply For
A Tax Rebate

apply for a tax rebate

1 comment

  1. Edward Johnston says:

    How do I apply for a tax rebate?, I have never had 1 before and I don’t have any P60’s as I have moved around a lot and I have lost lots of personal papers

Leave a Reply