When will I get my tax rebate?

when will i get my tax  rebate

This is one of the most common questions that we get asked at Tax Fix. This article will help answer that question for you:

When will I get my tax refund?
You need to apply to get a tax refund, you will not get them automatically. You can apply for previous years tax refunds at any time. For the current tax year, you will need to wait until the year is over in April before you can claim a tax refund.

Once you apply refunds usually take between 4-6 weeks to processed and will depend on the back log with your tax office.

How can I calculate my tax refund?
At the end of the tax year you should be given a P60 from your employer. When you have this all you need to do is input your total income and total tax into our tax rebate calculator

Press on the ‘calculate’ button and it will let you know if you are due a tax rebate.

Do tax rebates expire?
Yes, that’s why we recommend that you apply for them as soon as possible. The current expiry date is 6 years but this will be changing shortly.

Further Reading:

Disclaimer: The above information can not be taken as advice and is for illustration purposes only. Please call Tax Fix before making any claims or confirmation. Tax Fix can not accept any liability for action taken and any losses incurred.

1. Daniel Scandolera says:

my tax rebate is still pending? its has been 3 weeks today should it take much longer?

Daniel Scandolera: Sometimes it can take HMRC a few weeks to do security checks. You can try contacting your local tax office to check up on your claim.

2. adrian says:

i recieved a payment issued on the 5th of june for 2012 2013 tax year its saying payment will be credited in jan 2014 why is this ?

3. pat says:

my self assessment refund is showing as ‘not yet used’ can someone tell me what this means

4. ben says:

My tax is pending repayment how long does it take after for it to be issused

5. danny woodward says:

I have a 3 way partnership of which I have no control over the bank account, the tax is due to refund over 30grand of which I am owed 10, im afrad my partners will not pay me what can I do,

6. James says:

I worked for a company for 5 years I left and started a new job in january but I am paying emergency tax will I get it back this year or next ?

7. shane1973 says:

A friend who is a part-time accountant filed my self assessment for me online on 19/3/13 and is still payment pending it was for four years as I have never done it before. Will I get the money due back to me as it has been over 3 weeks.

8. Dan says:

I got a letter through the post saying I was owed money dated 12/03/13 which is 4 weeks ago now.

Anybody know when I might see the damn cheque?

9. Bryn says:

Hi I’m self employed and did my tax rebate five months ago and my father did his around the same time neither of us have received it, what’s the maximum time rebates can take, many thanks