What is a P60?

Have you got your Inland Revenue P60 yet?

You should be receiving your P60 soon. If you have questions to any P60 related queries, you can get them answered below:

What is a P60?
A P60 is a tax document which shows you how much you have earned and how much you have paid in tax during the tax year. A P60 is used to claim a tax rebate from the Inland Revenue.

How do I get my P60?
Your P60 will automatically be given to you by your employer. Your employer is required by law to provide a P60. If they do not provide a P60 or if you loose your P60, you can ask your employer for a statement of earnings on company headed paper which the Inland Revenue will accept as a replacement, if you need one to claim a tax refund.

When will I get my P60?
After the tax year ends on April 5th, your employer should start to process your P60s and you should receive them within a few weeks of this date. If you do not receive your P60 by May you should ask your employer.

How do I claim my tax back with a P60?
To claim any tax refund that you might be due, all you need to do is complete the online tax refund application and send in your P60, and the refund will be calculated and processed.

1. ryan says:

I moved jobs in February 2013. Would my new employer issue me my 2012-2013 P60?

2. andie says:

My partner was made redundant. He received £16.000. Will this show on his p60.

3. Ad says:

One of my jobs do not want to give me my P60. I asked them by phone ,email, letter they said yes but they still not send me one . We are in August now. I need it for tax return

• DavidTaxFix says:

Ask them to provide a statement of earnings on company headed paper. They are required by law to provide this and it can be used as a replacement for a P60 which they may have trouble getting.

4. m h says:

can i claim tax credits with just my p45?

5. m h says:

i have worked on and off all year and was unemployed but not claiming jobseekers in april. Where will i get my p60 from ?

6. Lisa says:

Does your P60 cover 52 weeks of the year or longer?

7. Nicola Osborne says:

My p60 shows a different amount than my contract, around 1k less, is this right?

8. camille says:

I wont get a p60 because i was made redundant how will i claim? Thanks

9. Faisal says:

Hi, I am leaving the country for good(came here to study) and i have been working for months now. Im flying on the 27th of January and leaving the jon on the 18th. Please guide me how to claim the NI and Income TAX back?

10. Holly says:

I have been in the UK for about four months, I am here on ancestral visa and I am entitled to work, I have been working since I got here but I have been doing temporary work for different agancies, I am no longer working for some of the agencies as my work with them was temporary, I received pay slips and tax was deducted, I have mostly been getting paid between minimum wage and £9.OO an hour, can I claim a tax refund? How can I go about claiming from all my previouse employers which I did temporary work for?

11. yvonne says:

i started work with an employer in march 2011 and i received a P60 in may 2011,i went on maternity leave in dec 2011, in my final pay packet was a P60 in the envelope with my pay, i didnt think anything off at the time, as my employer told me every employee got one when they went off on maternity, i am now due to return to work at the end of this month but my employer has asked me to provide them with a P46, and told me i have to work a lie week plus another one week? why would an employer need this information from me when im returning to work??

12. wendy says:

I am working part time for 2 different employers am I going to get 2 separate p60’s or one with both incomes combined?

13. wendy says:

I am working for 2 different employers part time I am wondering if I will be receiving 2 separate p60,s or one with both incomes combined?

14. mrs malik says:

how to get another p60 if you lost your origional

15. suze says:

Hi My employer as issued my P60 online – am I within my rights to request a paper version which I have received in previous years as I don’t want online issued ones. ?

16. Hbhoy says:

why is my income (pay)on my p60 not correspond with my work contract salary?

17. Michael says:

my company has just sent out a letter stating that we will only be paid 50 weeks rather than 52 weeks in this years p60. Is this legal?

18. lawrence clarke says:

i have been off work for over 18 months and my employer finished me in May 2011, I am ill and still unable to work and I am on income support do I get a P60

19. Koby says:

My second employer over stated my gross income for year 2010/11 tax year on my P60 and as a result my tax refund claim was affected by the shortfall. How do I get my money back and also rectify the actual income earned for the year.

20. Banana says:

Hello. I have worked for the same people for 11yrs out of the 13yrs they ran the company. I have never really received pay slips, usually just got cash in a envelope but always received a p60. I had my first child 5 yrs ago and dropped to working 16 hrs a week minimum wage and claimed child and working tax credits. I then left in November 2010 on maternity leave with my second child and was receiving maternity allowance. However, in the April I requested my p60 and had excuse after excuse so I phoned tax credits who took a estimate that I had worked out. I was told to let them know ASAP the actual figure. After more reminders I still didn’t recieve my p60. I returned to work in August and continued my 16 hrs a week. I thought my employers were just bring lazy, as I had never had problems before. Well this week January, the company had now been taken over by a new guy, I phoned tax credits to let th know of change and the fact I still hadn’t been issued a p60 and was advised to phone the tax office do they could send me a printed sheet of earnings. To my horror, they had no information to send me and are now going to investigate my ex employers. What is going to happen to my tax credits claim?? I’m a single mum and worried sick 🙁 ( sorry its a long one)

21. Mike Davies says:

Please advise where it states that it is a legal requirement for ex-employers to provide past P60’s or a “statement of earnings” to an ex-employee if they request them

22. Jean says:

What is a p46 form

23. Lilly says:

My Boss is self employed. He say’s He can’t issue me with a p60 for this reason. Is this true? My family tax payments have stopped because I can’t provide them with a p60 or a pay as you earn ref. They are not being very helpful. Is there anything I can obtain instead that would be acceptable? I only work 16hours so I don’t pay any tax???? ps This was only a renewal! nothing has changed since I renewed last year.

24. not known says:

i have a p60 but how do i no if i can claim tax back?

25. Dincer says:

Hi there. From the years 2003 to 2008 I was on paye, now I’m self employed i need p60 for those years that i have worked as a paye I have contacted my previous employer asking for them but there response was I am too late to get my p60 how else can I obtain p60 for those years.
    Kind regards

26. Mr J says:

I have abit of a problem, I received my P60 today but as I was opening it I accidently pulled it abit too hard and tore it, I have managed to repair it but I cannot see the final Tax Code as it was part of the bit that has got torn, I can make out the numbers of the code but not the code letter ,do I ask for a replacement? I am ussually so careful opening these letters

27. s batchelor says:

how many years do you keep p60?

28. Yao says:

Hi! i have received my p45 with my previous employer last december 2010, then i started working with my new job right after, but didnt aware to give it to my new employer. i have received my p60 with my new employer, i want to know if i am entitled to have a refund with my previous work, my gross payment of 8834.80 and tax of 795, with my current job gross pay 6585.03 and tax of 678.80 hope you can help me with this. thank you very much.

29. Dita Nina says:

If a started working in september am I entitled to receive p60 in the following year in April if I am still working for them?
    I have a part time job earning 50£ a week working less then 12 hours should i receive payslips?

30. lesley reilly says:

are redundancy payments included in your p60 as earnings

31. Emma says:

I’m still working ,can i claim my previous tax back?

32. Cynthia says:

can you still claim for your p60 after 4months and can a cashier in a local shop get p60?

Cynthia: At the end of each tax year (April 5th) you should get a P60 from your employer if you are working for them on the last day of the tax year. If you were not given one you can ask your employer for a statement of earnings on company headed paper as a replacement. If you need help we can send you a template letter, just Email us, template@taxfix.co.uk

33. Tom says:

I have started with my new employer in the middle of March but due to waiting for my P45 from previous employer I went on the payrol of new company in April. I was still paid for march on April payslip. New employer does not want to issue P60 reasoning i went on their payrol in April. I believe they should issue me with P60 shouldn’t they?

i asked my employer for p 60 but he gave me p 45 instead of p 60 and told me reason before somebody doing our wages now they finish contract and we doing our wage now but i m working their still

Anonymous: You only receive a P60 if you were working on the last day of the tax year. You receive ea P45 when you finish working for a company.

p60 where does it stipulate how much will i claim back

36. NIKOLAY says:

Where should I send my p60 to get a tax refund. Any phone numbers?

37. Amanda says:

I have not received payslips for the past 4+ months nor have I received my P60. I have chased up my employer who is somewhat elusive to say the least and I have still not received them. Most months he pays me cash! Help?

38. collette sezer says:

my husband left his job at the end of feb should his old employer send his p60 out 2 him or how do we get it

collette sezer: Your husband will not get a P60. You only get a P60 if you were working on the last day of the tax year (April 5th). Your husband should have been given a P45 when he finished working for his company. If he was not given this, he can write to them and ask for a statement of earnings if he wants to claim a tax refund.

39. natalia says:

My P60 and that of all staff in our office was sent by our payroll department to our offices by post but have all gone missing.
    I am concerned that somebody will have personal details that they could use in identity fraud. Can i contact anybody to alert them/