In 2008 more then 395,000 people left the UK. Of these, 60% were migrants returning home permanently, while the remaining 40% were expats starting a new life abroad. Here our tax experts answer some frequently asked questions relating to claiming back tax when you leave the UK permanently:
Can I claim back income tax when I leave the UK?
How can I calculate my tax refund?
When can I claim my tax back?
I left the UK permanently 4 years ago, can I still claim?
I have lost my P45/P60; can I still make a claim?
How do I claim my tax refund?